In 2010, the Frankfort Community Public Library adopted a strategic plan outlining its service priorities for the next five years. After consulting with community members and staff, the library devised ten goals through 2015.
FCPL Goals 2010-2015
- Caregivers of children 0-5 years will have the training and materials they need to prepare children to be successful learners.
- Children 0-5 years will be ready to enter school as successful learners.
- Adults will have the resources they need to explore topics of personal, professional, and vocational interest and to become passionate learners throughout their lives.
- Adults age 60 and older will have the resources and services they need to explore areas of personal interest and share their talents with others.
- Everyone will have the opportunity to express themselves by creating original works of art, print, video, audio, or virtual content in a real world or online environment.
- Everyone will experience art that enriches their lives and instills an appreciation of the arts.
- Adults will enjoy a wide variety of new and popular materials available when and where they need them.
- Children 6-12 years will have materials and programs that will stimulate their imaginations and engage them in a world of reading.
- Teens will find quality books, music, movies, and emerging formats and will find positive activities to enhance their leisure time.
- Everyone will have current computer technology resources and high speed access to the Internet.
Projects and services that have resulted from the strategic plan include The Edge for Teens area, the reimagined children’s area with learning stations, more e-books and e-audiobooks, and fiber Internet.
Planning for the next strategic plan will begin in January 2016.