June is National Pride Month. It was started to honor the Manhattan Stonewall riots of 1969. This year marks the 50th anniversary. Here is a list of books and resources for children and caregivers. It is important to learn about things that we do not understand and books are great for this. Books can also help us to feel that we are not alone.
Great for ages 2-6
Middle Grade Books
Great for ages 7-13
- Mombian has a resource page for children of LGBTQ parents
- COLAGE is a peer support group for children of LGBTQ parents and has a great resource page
- LGBTQ Youth Resources has resources for LGBTQ youth and for parents of LGBTQ youth.
- childwelfare.gov has some very useful information and links for families of LGBTQ youth.
- MyKidIsGay.com has a wealth of resources for bullying, mental health, and religion to name a few.
- PFLAG is a group whose mission is to advance equality through support, education, and advocacy.
- Brittanica has an article about the Gay Rights Movement
Share this Post