The Frankfort Community Public Library, and the branches in Rossville, Mulberry, and Michigantown, are excited to share that our digital library is growing. On Tuesday, March 1, FCPL merges with a new statewide consortium called Indiana Digital Library. This new library includes collections of e-books, e-audiobooks, and digital magazines from almost 200 libraries across the state. FCPL cardholders will have the ability to borrow materials from both our library, and other member libraries.
A volunteer team of qualified librarians plans to assist with collection development and actively monitor holds. That means a shorter wait time for the books you want to read. We anticipate a smooth transition, but here are some important items of note:
- After March 1, you will need to log into your app again, using your current username and password.
- Items you have checked out and your holds list will transfer. They will be there when you log back in.
- You do need to download your reading history. Follow the links below to learn how:
- If you currently use the OverDrive app, now is the perfect time make the switch to Libby. The OverDrive app is retired and the Libby app is OverDrive’s updated version.
- If you have any questions or issues, email us at email@example.com or call (765)654-8746.
Your local library is proud to provide access to thousands of e-books and e-audiobooks. An annual subscription accounts like, Kindle Unlimited and Audible, costs up to $300 a year, but a library card is free. To learn more about signing up for a library card, click here, or call (765)654-8746.
“The new Indiana Digital Library consortium will be a great service and benefit to Indiana libraries and the customers of Indiana libraries. This collaboration is a great example of Indiana libraries working together to provide high quality to library users”Jake Speer, State Librarian
Share this Post