First Annual TeenTober
This October, the Frankfort Community Public Library is participating in the Young Adult Library Services Association’s (YALSA) annual TeenTober celebration. Developed by YALSA, this month-long event strives to raise awareness of the importance of year-round teen services and connect young people with resources and materials provided by local institutions that help them develop new skills and fuel their passions.
Scary Stories in the Library
FCPL’s first TeenTober program, Scary Stories in the Library, will take place all month in October. To participate students may visit the Teen Department to share a frightening, or silly, tale. Youth may create their stories individually or team up with a friend(s). Everyone who participates will receive a small prize. Be sure to follow our Scary Stories in the Library photo album on Facebook for updates on all the stories we hear.
More TeenTober Programs
Check out these other great programs coming up this month.
- Murder Mystery Party- Thurs., Oct. 6, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Halloween Reads Button Making- Mon.-Thurs., Oct. 10-13, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Creepy Book Page Wreaths- Thurs., Oct. 13, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Robotics- Mon.-Thurs., Oct. 17-20, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Hello Kitty Pom-Poms, Tues., Oct. 18, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at our Michigan Road location, registration is required
- Roller Coaster Challenge- Thurs., Oct. 20, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Makey-Makey Frankensteining- Mon.-Thurs., Oct. 24-27, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Teens may visit the library at any time to view displays show-casing great fall reads. We are excited to bring this type of programming to the teens of Clinton County. We are committed to providing materials and services to tweens and teens.
For more information about the TeenTober celebration at Frankfort Community Public Library contact Rachel Milburn or follow us on Facebook at myFCPLTeens.
Share this Post